There are many ways to promote your graphic design business to get the highest number of new customers. From social media to blog collaboration there are multiple options you can consider to increase the number of people who are aware of your business. Some of these options are more time consuming, whereas others are simple and efficient ways to increase your number of clients. Keep reading to find out more!
Social media can be one of the most effective ways to market your business. The volume of people you can reach easily through social media makes it one of the simplest marketing strategies for your business. However, you will not be the only graphic design firm to have an Instagram account. This means that you need to ensure that your posts are original and highly engaging. Some key aspects to think through when making social media content are:
High Quality Images: You may want to showcase your work on social media with a post containing some of your graphic design content. This is very effective at showing the quality of your work, but you must ensure the images you post are high quality.
The concentration of accounts on platforms such as Instagram and Facebook means that to compete you must post unique, interesting images to entice people to click on your profile and find out more. If you are new to social media check out this blog for tips for graphic designers.
Up to Date Information: With any business having current information available is incredibly important. This should include information such as:
- A short description of your business
- Website link
- Contact information
- Address/location (if applicable)
Presence Across Platforms: A successful business will have a presence across many social media platforms. This increases the chance of more people finding your profile and therefore increases the chance of new customers. Platforms you should consider are:
- Instagram: a great platform for visually showing your work. Ensure to update regularly in order to get the most exposure across the site.
- Facebook: the most important aspect of your Facebook page should be to have up to date information and post regularly about your business.
- Twitter: good for sharing news and photographs. Also useful for linking with other businesses and new clients.
- Linkedin: great for networking with new clients and other businesses.
The most important aspect across all these platforms is to have up to date information and make sure that they link back to your website.
Graphic Design Blog
A graphic design blog can allow you to showcase your best work and keep clients updated about changes or news in your business. Writing a blog can build a community around your business and allow more informal engagement with visitors to your website. Some aspects to consider are:
- The right website builder: one of the most important aspects in building a blog is finding the right website builder for you which allows you to create a professional blog without high costs.
- Creating regular content: ensure that you create content regularly so that your blog does not become detached from your business.
- Making related content: the blogs you produce should be related to your business and have links to other sections of your website to encourage visitors to stay on your website.
If you need more inspiration check out the best graphic design blogs for 2020.
Show Your Credentials
A common mistake with many businesses is not showing off their achievements clearly on their website. By not clearly presenting your assets (such as awards or notable clients) you are not allowing clients to see you in the best light possible. Ensure to show these on the homepage of your website so that visitors can see them as soon as they enter your website.
Collaborate with Others
By collaborating with others in the field you may gain more exposure through their website or social media channels. Find blogs that showcase graphic designers and contact them for interviews or guest articles – if you mention them in your work they are likely to share your content. Through collaboration with your peers and role models, your work can reach a larger audience and help spread awareness of your business and graphic design style.
Strong Brand Image
An important aspect of any business is to have a strong brand image. In terms of promotion this relates to aspects such as a logo, colour scheme and brand ethos. These are all aspects of your business you should be absolutely certain of before trying to promote it. Once you have a strong brand image you can start to create business cards and email signatures, which can further promote your business.
Ready to promote your graphic design business? If you are looking for a good website builder for your company, then look no further than Go Sitebuilder! Our simple design means you can have a professional looking website up and running in minutes. Try our 14-day free trial today.